Previously, business intelligence and big data were reserved for big companies with an even bigger budget. Luckily now, with new technology and software, business intelligence is available to small businesses as well on an affordable level.
You are here
By now you know about the wonderful things that QlikView can do for you. Learning about the easiest or cleverest ways of saving time (and sometimes money) can take your QlikView experience to new levels. These are a few handy things to remember or apply to make this happen:
Q-Eye is a great tool for viewing and editing QVDs, but Q-Eye can also be used to view resident tables during a reload.
1. Download and install Q-Eye.
2. Add the following sub to the beginning of your QlikView script. If you did not install Q-Eye in the default path or you are using the portable version, you will need to change the values for the path variables.
sub EyeTheTable (xTableName)
let xProgramFilesPath = GetRegistryString('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion', 'ProgramFilesDir');
Customisations and extensions are powerful and cool and sometimes there is no other way to achieve your objectives, but did you know you can make QlikView Applications look and navigate like Rich User Interfaces by doing some of the following:
1. Less borders – use less borders and when you do, use thinner lines drop the rounded corners;
2. Softer (pastel) colours – these are easier on the eye and more appealing to users;
3. Transparent objects - Especially graphs;
5. Use these same actions to set variables that you will use to control colours;
6. Use text boxes to navigate by:
a. Adding your actions (point 5) to these text boxes;
Individuals who are reliant on BI have long discovered the significance of QlikView Business Discovery Platform. The platform and associated services have been growing rapidly over the past decade. The platform is renowned for its capacity to assist users in uncovering insights that have been overlooked by other BI tools. It is also known for its use of visualizations, which make it easier to comprehend and explain to others.
The barrage of data coming in everyday can be overwhelming without the assistance of an efficient Business Intelligence tool. Using such tool is the only way you can make sense of the heaps of convoluted numbers that are somehow important to the operation. B2IT provides a way for businesses to collect data and process it into valuable information needed in decision making. Sustaining your business's success is contingent upon your ability to keep pace with everything: market forces, consumer demand, expenditures, etc. And they can be determined when you have cold, hard facts right in front of you.