Power BI is able to provide a business with a multitude of functionalities and benefits. However, many wonder; “Is Power BI free”? The answer is; yes, there is a free version of Power BI that is available for download. There are also paid licences available. These options consist of Power BI Pro, Power BI Premium, and Power BI Premium Per User. While a paid Power BI licence will offer more advanced features, whether you decide to opt for the paid or free version does depend on what you require.
The Benefits of a Power BI Paid Licence
While the free version of Power BI does provide one with some functionality, the paid version allows one to make use of a host of advanced features.
- Increased Data Storage Capability: The larger your business is, the more data storage and analysis capacity you will need. Being able to analyse data, allows a company to spot trends and will in turn allow for informed decision-making. The paid version of Power BI provides the user with 10 GB of data storage while the free version only provides 1 GB. While 1 GB might work for a business that is just starting out, one will have to upgrade as the business grows.
- Advanced Visualisation Features: Interpreting data can be complex, especially when staring at rows upon rows of numbers. Being able to visualise data makes it much easier to ingest and understand. The paid version of Power BI allows for advanced visualisation features. One can even create custom visual features and export them to PowerPoint! This will ensure an engaging and easy-to-understand visual experience.
- Robust Collaboration Tools: Collaboration is key when it comes to running a successful business. The paid version of Power BI makes collaboration easy by providing you with access to workspaces where reports, data, and other resources can be shared and analysed in unison. This allows for increased accuracy, consistency, and visibility of data between team members.
- Premium Data Connectors: Having access to real-time and up-to-date data and insights is extremely important in the digital age. This is made possible with Power BI’s paid version as it provides one with access to premium data connectors such as DirectQuery.
- Advanced Security Features: Keeping your data safe from unauthorised access is important, which is why it is best to opt for the paid version. With this, you will be able to make use of data encryption as well as multi-faceted authentication features. Therefore, your confidential and sensitive information will always be protected.
Contact the team at B2IT to find out more about Power BI and how it can help your business succeed.