Robotic process automation (RPA) is software that automates building, deploying, and managing software and digital systems. UiPath is an RPA tool used predominantly for Windows desktop automation. It is used to automate repetitive/redundant tasks. With a simple interface and dashboard, any action you want to perform can simply be dragged and dropped into your working pane.
UiPath can assist with multiple different tasks.
RPA UiPath Project Examples
When you begin on your UiPath software, you’ll be given project categories to choose from. There are five of these, and they are as follows:
- Process – A process is a simple blank project, which is used to design a new automation process.
- Library – This kind of project is used to create reusable components and then publish them as a library.
- Transactional Process – This type of project is used to create a process as a flowchart.
- Agent Process Improvement – This kind of project triggers an automation process in response to either a mouse or a keyboard event.
- Robotic Enterprise Framework – This type of project creates a transactional business process that follows best practices for large-scale deployments.
Once you have selected your relevant project, you’ll be redirected to the UiPath dashboard where there will be panes to choose from to determine the next activity.
UiPath Software Dashboard Elements
The UiPath Dashboard has mainly four panes apart from the workplace to design automation.
- Activity Pane – This pane consists of activities that are used to perform different functionalities such as printing output, for loop, if-else loop etc.
- Ribbon – Ribbon consists of options such as Save, Run, Data Scraping, Recording etc.
- Properties Pane – Properties pane consists of the properties of the activities which you have dragged and dropped into the automation.
- Output Pane – The output pane displays the output of your automation.
Business intelligence software can revolutionise the way that we have been handling business processes. When we automate processes, we eliminate the need for unnecessary resources on mundane tasks and can focus on tasks that can’t necessarily be done by artificial intelligence (yet).
Contact our team for more information on UiPath and RPA software as well as other business intelligence tools.